Friday, June 5, 2015

What to do, what to do?

'Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be acheived."
 - Mattie Stepanek - 

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
 - Ambrose Redmoon - 

"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said."
 - Peter Drucker - 

"When you're surrounded by people who share a passionate commitment around a common purpose, anything is possible."
 - Howard Schultz - 


My roommate said something to me today, and I am not really sure how to take it.  She said that she thinks I am depressed and that I can do more with my life.  Now I really do not think I am depressed.  I get emotional sometimes, but hey, I am a woman.  We are allowed to do that from time to time.  As for the latter, it may be true.  I procrastinate often and sometimes I just want to eat chocolate and read a book, but when it really matters, I do what I need to do.  Or I do what I WANT to do.

You always have a choice in what you do.  Like Joan Brandwyn (Julia Stiles) in Mona Lisa Smile, it was her choice not to go to law school.  She wanted to be a homemaker, so that is what she did.  Now I love my friend and roommate, but I really think she does not want other people to move on without her.  She said she sees a lot of her in me, but I don't.  We were brought up similarly, but I am more of a country girl, and she city.  She never wants to have kids and a family but I do.  She never finished her degree and I am about to finish my masters.  Not that she is not a smart, beautiful woman who can accomplish anything she wants to, but I really feel like she might just not want me to be happy... without her.

I really do not know what I am say, but I know it is my life and therefore my choice in how I live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment