Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A New Chapter

A new chapter in my life is beginning. I can feel it.  Or maybe it is that I want a new chapter in my life to begin.  I feel as if I have just been coasting the last 3 years since I started my Master's degree. I started that new chapter and was all excited to move to a new city and start a life for myself.  I then worked really hard for about a year and a half and now the last 18 months I have been coasting along.  I have not looked for many new jobs even though I said I was going to.  I said I was going to finish my thesis and as you can see that did not happen.

I think I needed a kick in the butt.  I do not really know what I would like to do with my life but there are a few ideas that I have.  I think I would be a great event planner, or some people say I have the personality to be on HGTV.  There are all of these possibilities out there that I just need to put myself out there for.  I just have to take a chance.

It is scary though, I would have to say.  There are so many ways to fail but no pain no gain right?  I have dreams of myself having a family one day and living and working and loving my life.  Right now I am not there, but I have time.  At least we always think we do.  With the events of yesterday at the Navy Yard in DC, it just shows us that we are mortal even though we sometimes think we are not.  We have to live for each day and live life to the fullest. 



"Hold fast to your dreams? Within your heart keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go, and, sheltered so, may thrive and grow, where doubt and dear are not, O keep a place apart, within your heart, for little dreams to go!

We see so many ugly things-- Deceits and wrongs and quarrelings; We know, alas! we know, how quickly fade, the color in the west, the bloom upon the flower, the bloom upon the breast, and youth's blind hour.  A place apart where little dreams may go, may thrive and grow. Hold fast -- hold fast your dreams!"

-- Louise Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment