Tuesday, January 20, 2015

You do not have to listen

"The only one who can tell you 'you can't' is you.  And you don't have to listen." - Unknown

I really like this quote, who ever said it, because it is so true.  Someone can tell you that you can't do that, but how do they know what you can or can not do?  They don't know, that's what.  I have this story about when I was with my old trainer and she was showing the ropes to the new trainer in the company she worked for.  Well I was in a bad mood, so I told her to push me hard.  Anyway, we were doing a downward row from a universal, and she added all the weights there were for me to lift.  The other trainer voiced his doubts about my ability to lift it, and then watched with jaw dropped as I had no problem lifting that weight.  

This just goes to show, no one except yourself can tell you what you can or can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment