Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Birthdays

"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure."
 - Peter Marshall - 

"Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is.  Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson - 

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.  If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."
 - Unknown - 

Yesterday was my 31st birthday and today is my sister's 32nd birthday.  We have never really been that close, but she has always been a protector.  She used to beat up kids on the bus when they made fun of me, but she would beat me up too if I did something stupid.  She may have been looking out for me, but maybe the wrong way.

Now she and I barely talk because we are just too different.  I hate to say it too, because I love my sister, but we just do not get along.  She is very judgmental and negative, and I do not want that around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment